Replacement PCB 5111603

I think that you can eliminate the the pump ( but not the cable to it ).

Whilst I would like to help you, I have a few problems in doing so. Some of the tests you could make might not be very safe for anyone of limited experience. I do not want to in any way encourage anyone to do things which could be considered dangerous, because of liability issues.

Unfortunately you do not post your email in your profile so I cannot contact you directly. I am not really encouraged to post here by the site Owners and Mods and as someone prepared to try to help people I do not take very kindly to having serious postings which I have made edited or sometimes just deleted without any explanation or contact.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
MarkmR said:
Thanks Tony,

Pump OK being running for an hour.

The orange cables from the MPE 222 are connected into the wiring box but where does that cable go to. According to the schematic wiring diagram it should be connected to the SWL on the boiler. Is this correct as my installation has no cable there.

How do I test to see if the fuse blows via neutral or the earth?

I am sorry if these questions seem basic to you.

Your basic electrical checks will show up most faults except possibly a neutral fault....have a look at the original instruction manual to check your wiring....I've still got my doubts

check your l / n have been wired the right way round, cause there the opposite in the connector block to the old pcb cage.

PL / / /Sw/N/L/E

Sponsored Links
Thank you

L/N to PCB have been wired correctly. How ever the orange wires from the valves have been connected via the wiring box to behind the programmer and connected into the N ot the pump cable which leads to the pcb which does not look correct to me.

I have cheked this using a meter [email protected].

If the orange is connected to the neutral you have a dead short

Thank you to all whom have replied.

All has been rectified. The problem was the cable to the neutral terminal for the pump connection on the pcb. The cable which is blue should have been wired to the SWL terminal on the pcb as it is connected to the valves orange cables in the wiring box
The pumps neutral is connected into the wiring box along with all the other neutrals and then via one cable to the programmer/spur.

Why the heating engineer and the electrican did not spot this beats me.

Thank you again

Yes, but this is not a fault which occured as a failure of something!

Someone must have wrongly wired it to create the fault.

It is very difficult to find this kind of fault because unless we are told that someone has been fiddling then we assume that it was working and stopped on its own accord as a result of a "passive" fault!

I seem to remember I answered when you had powered the pump independently that you had confirmed that the pump is ok "but not the cable to it!"

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back