How much water pressure for cold fill washing machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a new washing machine -cold fill only. When turning on cold water valve to clean pipes before connection to WM, noticed pressure is very high. This is what it is set at and is now connected to the WM - is this ok? I have no way of measuring what the pressure is. Any help greatly appreciated. Becka (PS - the pics i have attached show that the cold fill is turned to the left - I think the tap is turned full on - although can't be sure).

Sponsored Links
er, what pictures?

you can use the preview button to see what your post looks like before you press the submit button

you meant to do

you just copy paste the diynot info in

whats the brown thing on the hot inlet?

I doubt your pressure is that high, it may seem it as pressure "builds up" when a tap is turned off, and when opened it is then released.

best thing is to ty it and see

Sponsored Links
The brown thing on the hot tap was given to me to seal it (just in case tap gets knocked) - as i only have a cold fill WM.

I've tried the washing machine and I can't see that there is anything wrong - the cold fill is turned to like it is in the pic - its just I had the cold fill turned on for a while to clear the pipes and I was surprised at how it came out with such a force.

Would I have experienced some problems already if the pressure had been too high?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back