Connecting HOT hose to COLD fill on washing machine.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a washing machine using both hot and cold fill with one using cold fill only. Is there any gain in connecting the hot hose to the cold inlet instead of the cold hose.

Sponsored Links
Granville000 said:
I am replacing a washing machine using both hot and cold fill with one using cold fill only. Is there any gain in connecting the hot hose to the cold inlet instead of the cold hose.
Yes - the manufacturer will gain by the sale of one washing machine, and they won't have to replace it under warranty because you will have abused it.

Won't do washer any harm at all, will give you a larger than normal fuel bill though as all 5 rinces will be in your precious hot water
Also a machine filling with hot water can ruin your clothes as your water going in will be hotter than 40 o 50 degC. And your clothes will come out well creased as hot rince and spin causes that also

Sponsored Links
Not sure about washing machines but I did that to a Whirlpool dishwasher because it said in the manual that it would save energy but it wouldn't work and kept showing a fault, until I tried it on the cold tap out of despiration. I would have to agree with the other posts and say it's a bad idea and probably wouldn't work anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back