How not to install a steel lintol over a wide opening.

Sponsored Links
Hi Nose,
The building codes here in NC are very different to the UK.
Bricks are normally used as a facing like on timber framed buildings which most of the smaller houses round here are. The older rat trap bond houses dating from the 1930s mostly are I suppose 9" construction without timber sub walls.
It gets really hot in summer and equally cold in the winter. 0 or even -degrees Farenheight is not unknown here and it routinely gets over 100 in the summer but as we are up in the mountains it cools down quickly in the evenings.
Asheville is a very laid back town for the south which is pretty strongly right wing church goers otherwise. It has a 1970s vibe to it with lots of smokers and most of the guys sport beards and a lot go shooting, deer mostly but turkeys too. Bears may be protected but they can be a nuisance when the come into town which is rarely.
The birds are colourful with all blue and all bright red on two of the common species. the common butterflies are huge and ther bugs don't even bear telling about The first time I saw a 4" praying mantis in the flower border I nearly fell over, It could have bit my head off!!
Anyway enough for now, please do follow my doings on my website and drop me a line if you like [email protected].

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back