How Strong Should a Concrete Driveway Be?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My grandma had a concrete driveway installed a couple of years ago with a couple of paths coming off it. When the main path to the house was iced up/frozen, to clear the ice she broke it up by hitting the ice with the other end of a wodden broom and then scraped the broken ice with a shovel. Now what has happened is where she did this the concrete isn't cracked but it is very rough now compared to the part where she didn't clear the ice.

It's pretty obvious by the fact that where she didn't clear the ice is still nice and smooth and where she did clear the ice is now rough that by clearing this ice it has caused the issue. My question is should this have caused damage to the drive or should it have been able to withstand this without the top layer being damaged? Bearing in mind my grandma is a fairly frail 80 year old woman I can't see that she will of been clearing the ice with much force.

Thanks,
Dan

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back