How the h**l can they make them for this????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just been to B&Q to pick up a few bits for a job next week and noticed in the clearance section that they were shifting some Pro 1020W routers. Wait for it......for £6.65 :eek: It just beggars belief. Anyway I bought 3 and I'm gonna stick em on a well known auction site and see how they do.
Cheers,
Gcol

p.s. this isn't an advert either mods!

Sponsored Links
motors probably burn out after an hour of use

Hmmm I think they'd last a bit longer than that but strictly for DIY use though, how long would an hours use last you? Years easy.

Could be last of the range = stock clearance (and perhaps also no spare part ;))

Sponsored Links
WoodYouLike said:
Could be last of the range = stock clearance (and perhaps also no spare part ;))
but at that price, no point in replacing parts!

Right you are, if you buy more than 1. Otherwise when something failes you have to replace it with a newer (and more expensive) model.

Where do you stand on the q+b guarantee? You should still get a year even if it is marked down and if so they'll replace with similar model on breakdown. The only good thing about this shed is the returns policy!

Not all cheap tools are rubbish, I started a loft conversion in a previous house 8 years ago and bought 2 £20 cordless drills, one to use, the second as a spare but to have an extra battery to swap over while the first is being charged.

It was used well with the loft conversion - every rafter had to have pilot holes drilled before nailing in dwangs (noggings) for plasterboard as the rafter timber was so hard and the nails would bend if not pre-drilled (bizarre but true) It was then used to screw all the plasterboard on and many other uses.

Since then I have hardley ever used a 'manual' screw driver, the preferred option being the cordless one.

I decided if the drill (also used as a screwdriver) lasted the term of the loft conversion it would have been worthwhile. Well 8 years on its still going strong and this past year has been spent renovating an old house we have moved to. The spare drill is still in its box - unused!

Assuming I was going to keep one (which I'm not) then I would expect them to refund me the £6.65 if it went faulty within 12 months. I think I might be too embarressed to return it for 6 quid though.
Gcol

gcol i bought a router from B&Q 4 years ago for about £30 quid i used it once and it paid for its self, £6.65 now thats cheap. You pay for what you get but in this case even if it didnt work £6.65 still sounds cheap. I went to hire one for the one job and it was twice as dear as buying one. Keyplayer your spot on about B&Q their return policy is spot on, My mate uses the place like a hire shop "right what power tool do i need, and what time do you shut because im bringing this back less the fuse" ;) I had the same intentions with the router but for the sake of £30 and a return visit id rather keep it in the shed for next time.

jbonding said:
My mate ses the place like a hire shop "right what power tool do i need, and what time do you shut because im bringing this back less the fuse" ;)
Then the offer could be all those 'hire-purchases' being sold of ;)

you could be right wyl, i bought some cctv cmera set up form b&q with the intention of going outside take the camera out, go in and tell them there wasnt a camera in the box. i opened the box :eek: :eek: there wasnt a camera in it . went in and got a camera, so it could of worked or was it a sign :eek:

except thats called obtaining property by deception!

I`ve just looked at 3 for sale, one gone and the others for £10.99 buy it now ;) you old Carpetbagger :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back