How to add a thermostat to Danfoss CP715

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Got a Danfoss CP715 that needs replacing (the buttons are getting harder to push), and the simplest method seems to be to replace it with the newer version of the same. I don't have a room thermostat at present so would like to add one, which everyone seems to say is an easy exercise, but I cannot find instructions on how to do so.

Thermostat I am looking at is the RMT230, so any help gratefully achieved.

Alternatively if anyone can recomend an alternative, ideally a wireless thermostat set up would be great.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you can take the timer off the backplate and tell me what colour wires are where I'll tell you how to wire the wireless stat in ;)

Great, thanks.

I had a look at the back of it this morning and know there are 4 wires, I'll let you know the colours/positions this pm when I get back.

Cheers

just interupt the switched live, thats the two furthest right with a room stat

Sponsored Links
Wiring on the wall is

blue- brown - gap - gap - red - black

Instead of installing a new CP715 and a separate thermostat, why not install a programmable wireless stat, e.g TP5000RF or TP7000RF.

You would need a separate timer for the hot water (assuming you don't have a combi boiler). You could either retain the existing CP715 for this or install a cheap 24 hour clock - but make sure it has an override or boost button; water has a habit of going cold at the wrong time.

Sorry have only just seen you have replied.

Run a 5 core cable between the programmer and wireless stat receiver (fit it next to the programmer for ease).

Blue - neutral
Brown - live
You need to switch this black wire, so run a wire from terminal '4' to the common on the wireless stat receiver.
Run another wire from 'on' connection and join it onto the black wire using a connector block.

And take an earth wire to the wireless stat reciver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back