How to add water pressure to this boiler? (with pics)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to bleed a radiator, but the air is trickling out far too slowly, so maybe I need to add pressure to the system?

The system is 2 years old, in a new-build house. I used to have a combi boiler with two taps underneath, very easy to add pressure - but I don't know how to do it with this new one.

There's a boiler unit in the garage that pretty much just has "ON" or "OFF", no other controls or gauges that I can see.
Then there's a storage tank thing in a cupboard upstairs, with lots of controls and I'm not sure what any of them do!

This is it. There's a single tap at the bottom (which was left in the wide open position by the installer... should it be?):
97HnHRj.jpg

Close up of label:
gHSDVrq.jpg

The small red tank above the big white one, has a gauge currently reading 0 pressure.
8k98uJ1.jpg

Red controls:
RQPWph6.jpg

If I turn any of the red controls slightly, I can hear water skooshing around. But even when I turn the one right underneath the pressure gauge, the pressure isn't affected. Although I didn't leave the red thing "open" very long... Do I just need to wait longer?

Any advice appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
In your last picture, below the two red knobs is a silver flexible hose. At the bottom of it is a valve with a slot designed to fit a flat screwdriver. Using said screwdriver, turn the valve 90 degrees and you'll hear water entering the system. When the pressure gauge reaches 1 to 1.5, turn the valve off.

IO would guess you need to open the fill line (braided hose) to top it up. Should be a valve at either end and it should not be left connected as shown. The red controls are temp and press relief valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back