How to build a bathroom ...?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK, so soon I will be turning out box room (236cm square) into a shower room with toilet and basin. The room has suspended timber floor, solid brick walls. I'll get my builder to put the drainage in place, and a plumber to sort out the water. After that, it's all DIY.

Should I just put down p5 chipboard, or maybe Particleboard P7, on top of the joists, or just use existing floorboards? I will probably have vinyl sheet down, all sealed up, so in theory it should all stay dry.

For the walls I will probably just tile in the shower area and that will be it. Paint remaining walls and ceiling.

But, is there something else I need to consider?

Sponsored Links
Consider an avocado suite. They are back.

Also consider not messing about with the floor. Lino on 3mm hardboard or 6mm ply.

Building regs.

I didn't realise they ever went out of fashion!

I plan to lift floor, clean out subfloor and air bricks, insulate. And need to move a radiator a bit so I can insulate the wall. So,floor will come up. If OK to use same floorboards again then I'm eager to save where possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back