How to build cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have some shelving carcases made up of white cabinet melamine and want to cover the outer shell with some kind of wood and attach doors to the front. any ideas on the best way to go about it. i was thinking of attaching weatherboard tongue and groove type stuff but how do i attach it. ta katie

Sponsored Links
Hi Katie, sounds like you need to drill screw holes through from the inside to screw those boards on if they are thick enough to house the screws. Otherwise might be better to pin gun them on if you have access to one or mount them onto a board and screw that on from inside. Glue onto melamine is probably not a good option. The doors can be boards cut to size then the same deal with the pin gun. You need to get screw-on type hinges - best go to a store to get advice on these. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back