how to cap off unused wires to regs..

No need to think to hard about it. If the CU is made of NC material it complies. Simple.

Sponsored Links
No need to think to hard about it. If the CU is made of NC material it complies. Simple.
So why the "and" of 421.1.201(i)? Does that mean anything beyond a requirement for 61439-3 compliance - and, if not, why is it there?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
So why the "and" of 421.1.201(i)? Does that mean anything beyond a requirement for 61439-3 compliance - and, if not, why is it there?
Who cares? Just follow the regulation. End of.
I care (and so, I suspect, do many others) since I can't "just follow the regulation" unless I understand it.

Being clever, you do understand, so please tell me (and the others) ... if a CU 'merely' complies with BS EN 61439-3 (and nothing beyond the requirements of that Standard) is it Amd3-compliant, or not?

Kind Regards, You

Who cares? Just follow the regulation. End of.
I care (and so, I suspect, do many others) since I can't "just follow the regulation" unless I understand it.

Being clever, you do understand, so please tell me (and the others) ... if a CU 'merely' complies with BS EN 61439-3 (and nothing beyond the requirements of that Standard) is it Amd3-compliant, or not?

Kind Regards, You

Again. The word 'and' is a commonly used English word. To comply with that reg both comments must be adhered to IMO.

Again. The word 'and' is a commonly used English word. To comply with that reg both comments must be adhered to IMO.
So you believe (or 'know') that they mean "must be compliant with BS EN 61439-3 AND must be compliant with the non-combustibility requirement of BS EN 61439-3"?

Kind Regards, John

Not really. It is silly to second guess BS7671 because we all know it needs to be followed.
Check that, one does not have to follow BS7671. The requirement is that the design and installation process is such that the installation is safe and presents a reasonably low risk of damage or injury when used.

BS7671 is a standard which if followed will ( should ) result in an installation that is safe and will have an acceptable low risk of damage or injury when used.

And non combustible material does not burn, it cannot burn but it can melt or create other hazards when over heated.

Not really. It is silly to second guess BS7671 because we all know it needs to be followed.
Check that, one does not have to follow BS7671. The requirement is that the design and installation process is such that the installation is safe and presents a reasonably low risk of damage or injury when used.

BS7671 is a standard which if followed will ( should ) result in an installation that is safe and will have an acceptable low risk of damage or injury when used.

And non combustible material does not burn, it cannot burn but it can melt or create other hazards when over heated.

Oh god not that old rubbish again. Please. If you choose not to follow BS7671 and you hurt someone you WILL be prosecuted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back