how to cap off unused wires to regs..

Essex1 Following a severe electric shock there is a requirement to follow first aid procedures. I assume you know these procedures and simply forgot to include them in your list of required actions following an electric shock incident.

Sponsored Links
Essex1 Following a severe electric shock there is a requirement to follow first aid procedures. I assume you know these procedures and simply forgot to include them in your list of required actions following an electric shock incident.

Absolutely not. You are wrong.

Step 1 is to make the electricity safe.

Step 2 is to move the person away from the source of the electricity.

Then first aid can commence.

Jumping straight to first aid would put the helper at risk of an electric shock also.

I do this for a living mate.

I imagine that you assume correctly, given that he apparently knows everything.

Kind Regards, John

don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png

Sponsored Links
Step 2 is to move the person away from the source of the electricity. ... Then first aid can commence.
After 'safely isolating' (which was your original wording of Step 1) what is this 'source of electricity' you would be moving the person away from?

Kind Regards, John

It's bountifully obvious that BAS is essex1 - why oh why do you lot keep feeding the troll??

please-dont-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Nozzle

Oh my god.

Would anyone honestly administer first aid whilst still in contact with the item that gave the electric shock.

Also I doubt anyone would have time to carry out full isolation procedures in such an emergency. Therfore you would assume that the person is still in contact with a live part and remove them appropriately.

It's bountifully obvious that BAS is essex1 - why oh why do you lot keep feeding the troll??
I think we're allowed a good 24 hours of playful fattening him up before we stop feeding him :)

He is, indeed, pretty BAS-like, but I don't actually think that BAS would be able to avoid real 'give-aways' in around 80 posts - and, of course, (FWIW) BAS appears to have 'engaged' him.

Kind Regards, John

Step 2 is to move the person away from the source of the electricity. ... Then first aid can commence.
After 'safely isolating' (which was your original wording of Step 1) what is this 'source of electricity' you would be moving the person away from?

Kind Regards, John

In case someone removes the bit of insulation tape over the mcb and turns it on

When i done my 17th I was shocked I knew the so called instructer, only 3 months prior he was fitting counters and drink dispensers in staff canteens, I was called out as hed pushed the red E Stop safety circuit and shut down all the power, between them they couldnt work out that all they needed to do was presss the green button marked reset

Therfore you would assume that the person is still in contact with a live part and remove them appropriately.

You perform a perimeter check. If no means of contact then you can start treatment. If the casualty has fallen and / or suffer severe muscular spasm there may be a spinal injury. Moving them would cause more harm, the exception would be if they were not breathing in which case CPR takes precedent..

I was a work place first aider ( large research laboratory with large machinery ) and then 5 years St John Ambulance AA2 trained.

Also I doubt anyone would have time to carry out full isolation procedures in such an emergency.
Thank you for explaining - so your 'Step 1' was hypothetical, was it?
Therfore you would assume that the person is still in contact with a live part and remove them appropriately.
This is also all a bit hypothetical, since most electric shocks in domestic/commercial environments do not leave the victim in contact with the live part. However, if it does happen, and if you feel that they may still be in contact with a live part because you have not had time to carry out proper isolation procedures, you would have to be pretty careful about how you moved the victim.

You said about these situations to bernard that you 'do it for a living', so I wonder how often you have witnessed someone suffering a serious electrical shock?

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back