How to check the height/level on 4 corners of a building

Sponsored Links
Yes I understand. But the top of the wall is 2.7m and I need to climb on ladder to reach the top and measure down to the "datum". :)
Spot on, that's the correct method. Ignore woody.
I use stacked up milk crates.

What the hell is going on inside your head?
How can you be missing the point so much? Imagine you carry a small device, you point it at any structure, anywhere around you, and it draws a horizontal line exactly where you want it. The alternative is you carry ladders, tape measures, pencils and whatever else... One is fun, and instant, the other is more laborious, indirect and no fun at all. Maybe you do not understand, "fun" ?

Sponsored Links
Comment of the year. Spat my dinner out reading that

I bow to your superior intellect and wit... Sorry for failing to intrigue your refined mind and exquisite sense of humour. Please tell me what university degrees you hold so I shall go and try to educate myself and try to attain the great heights of mental superiority that you exhibit.

I bow to your superior intellect and wit... Sorry for failing to intrigue your refined mind and exquisite sense of humour. Please tell me what university degrees you hold so I shall go and try to educate myself and try to attain the great heights of mental superiority that you exhibit.

Sorry mate, it was just a funny thought having to climb a ladder and measure down rather than measuring up. But I’m sure that’s not what you meant. I meant no offence and totally apologise if I caused any. (y)

How can you be missing the point so much? Imagine you carry a small device, you point it at any structure, anywhere around you, and it draws a horizontal line exactly where you want it. The alternative is you carry ladders, tape measures, pencils and whatever else... One is fun, and instant, the other is more laborious, indirect and no fun at all. Maybe you do not understand, "fun" ?

One thing to bear in mind if you laser a line around the top of your wall, you still need boring things like tape measures, pencils, ladders etc otherwise you dont know where your line is.........

Kn a serious note, some laser levels come with a clamp so they can be fixed to a length of wood. Setting a laser at a set height is useful for setting out, for example electrical sockets for a kitchen. Ideal when doing sockets before the kitchen goes in.

Spot on, that's the correct method. Ignore woody.
I use stacked up milk crates.
Yeah, yeah it's one big joke isn't it. I bet your hoddy doesn't see the funny side.

foto_no_exif (6).png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back