How to Complain About the UK Government

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had enough of this pi$$-taking, fraudulent Mickey Mouse Government, run by a lying buffoon throwing millions of pounds of public funds at his fatcat Tory mates for very little or nothing in return. It started with dud PPE contracts and the latest scandal is the Chartwell food parcel fiasco.

How many millions have been poured down the drain when it could have been used for causes benefitting the many needy not the few greedy?

How do we even begin to complain about this behaviour?

Sponsored Links
start campaigning now, join a political party and get active.

I think I heard that the next locals elections are being cancelled.

Sponsored Links
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/cabinet-office/about/complaints-procedure

Waste your time here. I'll translate: How to have an elegantly phrased complaint ignored in 20 seconds.

Woody has the theoretical answer. Empirically, it fails cos the electorate is tribal.

Reminds me of something that happened some years ago.
Through work, I was involved with a proposed legislation change.
In a rose-tinted world, legislation makes things better.
To achieve this, you would thing that interested parties would get together, make their educated (and sometimes self-interested) points, which would be considered and eventually moulded into good, efficient, and purposeful final product.
(Interested parties include trade associations, unions, and of course, the government of the day, which has to live by the outcome of "their" new laws).
It doesn't always (often?) work like that.

I remember one particular meeting, when the draft legislation was approaching "consultation" stage.
A senior civil servant (think, Sir Humphrey) said in a patronising tone, "We have a duty to consult; we have no duty to take notice".

Indeed, they consulted, and took no notice.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/cabinet-office/about/complaints-procedure

Waste your time here. I'll translate: How to have an elegantly phrased complaint ignored in 20 seconds.

Woody has the theoretical answer. Empirically, it fails cos the electorate is tribal.

I vote <insert party name here>
Why?
Cause this town's been a <insert party name here> town for the past 60 years ...
or ... Cause my family has always voted for <insert party name here>

I'd love to know what % of votes are made based on this notion, as oppose to votes made by people that take at least a little time to read party literature to make a semi-informed decision.

We are all really busy, and researching your local candidates - while important - is sometimes seen as disappearing down the rabbit hole.
It is not just about the whole party pledges; it is also about the individual integrity and independence of the candidate.
For instance, just because you tend to lean towards Tory, doesn't mean that party's candidate is the right choice; the others might be more concerned and active with local issues, which may be closer to your heart, and more pressing.

or, organise a revolution. Get the army and police on your side first though.

I have had enough of this pi$$-taking, fraudulent Mickey Mouse Government, run by a lying buffoon throwing millions of pounds of public funds at his fatcat Tory mates for very little or nothing in return. It started with dud PPE contracts and the latest scandal is the Chartwell food parcel fiasco.

How many millions have been poured down the drain when it could have been used for causes benefitting the many needy not the few greedy?

How do we even begin to complain about this behaviour?

You could try moaning to half a dozen posters on a DIY forum. I'm sure it'll make all the difference.

1509732571-gettyimages-822186418.jpg

Source:Conservatives Are Outraged At Leftists Who Plan to Scream Helplessly At The Sky

Funny, I just googled "screaming at the sky" (was looking for an amusing gif) but everything looked bland stock imagery. The article this was attached to seemed quite fitting though.

Wait four years and vote someone else in. I don't think this pile of s**tis going to last that long though. Having said that there isn't anyone else that I can see waiting to take up the reins. Starmer is an extremely wet squib and that is being kind. Only good thing I can say about Starmer is that he is, marginly, better than Corbyn and his crew.

Get used to it, happens with any goverment in every country to various degrees.

Sponsored Links
Back