How to cover this concrete slab?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is the window lintel for the cavity wall. I could be wrong.

However, I’m having a brain-block on how to cover it. Any recommendations on what to cover it with and how to secure it?

Many thanks

215DB2EF-7A10-42EE-B230-A4BC4C70D376.jpeg

Sponsored Links
As above strip of Plasterboard , but I’d go with Plasterboard Adhesive propped you from below , leave overnight finish the next day

NB - the Plasterboard will need supporting especially if you use Foam or it’ll push down .

Phil

As above strip of Plasterboard , but I’d go with Plasterboard Adhesive propped you from below , leave overnight finish the next day

NB - the Plasterboard will need supporting especially if you use Foam or it’ll push down .

Phil

Hi Phil. I presume the plasterboard adhesive will stick once supported over night? I'm not handy in the plastering department so what's the easiest way of 'tidying' it up once adhered?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi Phil. I presume the plasterboard adhesive will stick once supported over night? I'm not handy in the plastering department so what's the easiest way of 'tidying' it up once adhered?

Thanks

Proper finish would be to skim it with plaster. If you add beading on the edge, a small patch like that isn't too hard to have a go at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back