How to cut a round 200mm hole in 18mm MDF

Sponsored Links
yep that will do fine as will a fine cut blade on a jigsaw or a router with a trammel bar

you could also make your own jig. I made one a couple of years ago and am really at entry level and it worked fine for a mirror i made - so its not hard and all you need is some scrap mdf/ply. (http://www.woodworkingtips.com/etips/etip102000sn.html)

the important thing to measure is the distance between the edge of the router bit and the center of the pivot point (i.e the screw) ... make sure its 200mm and you're good to go - plus it will save you £40! :)

oh and it will probably help if you do it in a few passes, adjusting the depth as you go along.

Sponsored Links
strip of wood, screwed into the center point.
router with a collar
hole in the wood the same size as the collar and at the right distance to make the outside of the cutter at the right distance ( probably easier to make the collar hole, then put the center screw hole in the right place..

from underneath, screw a scrap piece of wood across the hole and into the hole middle ( the bit you're taking out ) so that you don't mess up the hole when the middle bit drops out.. :)

If you buy the item in the link make sure it will cut to a depth of 18mm.

To me it doesn't appear capable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back