Flush trim router bit with MDF?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Do the flush trim router bits work well with MDF? I was looking at purchasing this one to use with my Makita Rp0900x router.

I have a shaped/curved piece of 18mm MDF that I would like to use as a template, to cut out in 12mm MDF several times.

Cheers,
Adam

Sponsored Links
if you only have a few metres to do you can get a cutter for around £2-3

the one you show is a good un though

Hi guys,

I have just tried using the flush trim router bit, following my template, trying to cut the exact same shape in 18mm MDF again, but it appears to be struggling/burning.

I have just tested this with 4mm MDF, and it was fine.

Do you think it will manage cutting in 12mm MDF?

Cheers,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Are you cutting everything in one go, that's a bit much for a 1/2" cutter? If so it might be better to do a rough outline cut with the jigsaw first. Draw round your follow jig with a pencil then cut a few mm outside the line

yep always best to cut about 3 to5mm away from the line a 12mm shank 6mm in one pas a 6mm 3mm in 1 pass 4 at a push you will get away with 5mm in mdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back