what laminate trimmer cutter to trim melamine and pvc edging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to use my router (possibly buy a new laminate trimmer) to sit on the face of an mfc board and trim off the excess melamine or pvc edging.

if i was to get a flush bit with a bottom guide bearing id have to sit the router base plate on the thin 18mm edge which would be hard to do. ive seen it done where the router sits on the face of the board so im assuming ill need a slightly beveled cutter with a bottom guide bearing.

which bit is needed for the think melamine, and which bit to trim and shape 2mm pvc edging? or will the same bit do both?

thanks for any replies.....

Sponsored Links
hi, yes i understand and it can also be done with a stanley window scraper.

i do want to know which router blade is needed. ive seen this done and its mostly used for the 1 or 2mm pvc edging. you cant do that with a plane and file it has to be done with a router.

the router blade cuts off the access and shapes the pvc edge to be a slight round over.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back