How to cut architraves lengthways?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I need to cut 2m architraves lengthways after replacing a window, down the red lines as shown.

I have a jigsaw and mitre saw but can't see how to use either of these to get a perfectly straight cut.

How would a professional do this please?!
IMG_7265.JPG
IMG_7261.jpgIMG_7265.JPG
IMG_7261.jpg

Sponsored Links
A table saw or similar, not a jigsaw unless you're prepared to plane the saw cut afterwards and not even possible with a mitre saw.

Ah..but I can't find a company to cut new matching architraves to the required size..as that would be ideal

Sponsored Links
Place on top of a board and screw through both from underneath from underneath without drilling or screwing through to the outer face which will be on display. Fix another board of the same thickness next to the architrave, and clamp a straight edge to this the required length from the cut line. Cut with circular saw.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back