Cutting Architrave lengthwise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: I feel like a bit of a plum asking this but how do you cut a fairly narrow piece of wood lengthwise? e.g Door architrave where the door frame is so near to a wall that the architrave is too wide and needs narrowing up.
A circular saw seems impossible to use as the wood is so narrow ( can't clamp etc ). I've come across a few instances where I need to perform this task and am a bit stumped. Surely using a handsaw or electric jigsaw would give a fairly inaccurate cut. Is there a proper power tool for this task?

Many thanks and apologies for my ignorance!

Sponsored Links
if it needs a lot f scribing then i use a jigsaw if its fairly straight then either a hand saw circular saw or i put it through my bench saw,all depends on where i am at the time.

There’s a saw going by the name of a panel saw or hand saw, its as old as the hills but dose a fantastic job. But there is a down side some may find it a little low tech and is powered by muscle power.

Power tools are not the be all and end all.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the posts, looks like a hand saw. No problem on the muscle front thanks, can squat 140k for 20 reps no problem!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back