how to cut condensation in toilet cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
EAB5732B-5F2A-4138-AE78-389A19E8F265.png
Hi, has anyone successfully done this please ?
Ive got a serious dripping which seems to be from condensation.

Ive found a couple of suggestions online, one is installing a mixer valve introducing some warmer water from the tank, could be expensive though ?

another was to glue a yoga mat on the inside of the cistern, to insulate it I would be concerned that it would rot eventually and clog everything up.

Sponsored Links
Our old bathroom cistern was covered in condensation in winter and used to drip on the floor. When I put our new toilet in during last summer I bought a cheap yoga mat from triathlon, think cost about £5. I used a white sanitary silicone to stick the yoga mat all round the sides of the inside and the bottom. The bottom matt had cutouts for the flush unit and other items at bottom before I stuck that in. I sealed all the edges and joins with silicone as well. The condensation now is minimal, don't even notice it. You will need to make sure your cistern is dry and clean before doing this. You might find it easier to do with the flush and overflow out of the cistern.

Victor

thanks Victor Ill try it , I think its also leaking when you flush so will post that question now

Glad to help, I used everbuild foreverwhite silicone btw as video online guy used that. It's a bit fiddly doing but worth it.

Victor

Sponsored Links
The bathroom needs properly ventilated - is there condensation appearing on the windows and other cold surfaces too?

Could always get one of these ... ;)

th

Hi, has anyone successfully done this please ?
Ive got a serious dripping which seems to be from condensation.

I do get a little condensation appear after it has been flushed, but in that photo it looks to be really excessive. Excessive, suggests a high humidity in the room - a good extract fan will help with that, perhaps with the window set on trickle vent.

We didn’t used to get condensation on our WC when we had a vented hot water system as the water from the tank had a chance to warm up slightly. Now we have an unvented system and all cold water is mains, we get condensation as I suspect the mains water is a lot cooler.

and ill-ventilated bathrooms that are excessively humid, of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back