How to disconnect/remove non-electrical Mira 415 shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My old Mira 415 shower has been leaking for a while.

Instead of replacing the cartridge (I hear that is the cause), I found a replacement shower on eBay for £29.99 (which was cheaper than the £90 cartridge)

This new show looks really simple to connect, just attach the hot and cold valve/pipes and it's good to go.

But I don't seem to be able to take out the old Mira 415. I have unscrewed the connections for hot and cold water, but something else seems to be holding it in. What could it be? - I don't want to just start pulling at it in case I cause a water issue.

Can anyone advise on how to remove the Mira 415 with ease?

Old Mira 415 shower
View media item 84220
New eBay shower
View media item 84221

Sponsored Links
There's probably a wall plate behind the circular body of the shower. Look around the body and see if there are any small holes. If so, likely to be grub screw(s) holding shower body to plate. Slacken and remove.

If that's not the case, take the white plastic knob off, then anything else you can remove behind it, and you may find the body screwed to the wall.

Theres 2 grub screws located at the bottom of the wall plate holding the mixer to the plate.

Your first problem is the mira has 1/2" bsp nuts the bar mixer is 3/4" bsp nuts.
The bar mixer is designed to fit to dogleg fitting or bar mixer wall plate.

Oh No, have I bought the wrong shower?
It is suppose to arrive tomorrow so I haven't been able to check for sure.

Is there a way around this? Can I but different pipe connectors?

The rest of the responses sound good though about how to remove.
I really hope this new one will fit!

Sponsored Links
The doglegs will be 1/2" to 3/4".

measure/check the bar mixer nuts tomorrow you'll find they are 3/4".

Is there anyway around it? Can I find one that has different sized ends to connect the two?

You're better off changing the cartridge on the Mira.

Any shower that cost 29.99 isn't gonna last very long.

A Mira with a new cartridge will be like brand new. .

Ted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back