Mira 415 Cartridge replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

About 30 months ago, a plumber replaced the Mira 415 cartridge to fix the shower going hot and cold. It fixed the problem but at the time he scratched his head and suggested that the pipework had been installed the wrong way around because the once the new cartridge was fitted, the cold and hot were reversed on the control knob (ie it went hotter as you turned it towards the blue arrow and vice versa). I let it go because we needed the shower working but the controls had previously been the right way around.

Anyway, the cartridge looks to be on its way out again so I thought I'd have a go at replacing it. Looking for the replacement part on the internet, it would seem that the Mira 415 needs the MIRA-415-902.55 cartridge (the house was built in 1998). The only other related part I can find is the MIRA-902-91 for the pre 1992 version.

The question I have is: how did the plumber manage to reverse the controls? Would fitting the MIRA-902-91 instead of the MIRA-415-902.55 cause this? Or can the cartridge be installed upside down? Or are there generic versions that might have been used?

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
I *think* you could get a control knob with the red/blue reversed - worth asking the guys that footprints recommended.

Hi,

About 30 months ago, a plumber replaced the Mira 415 cartridge to fix the shower going hot and cold. It fixed the problem but at the time he scratched his head and suggested that the pipework had been installed the wrong way around because the once the new cartridge was fitted, the cold and hot were reversed on the control knob (ie it went hotter as you turned it towards the blue arrow and vice versa). I let it go because we needed the shower working but the controls had previously been the right way around.

Anyway, the cartridge looks to be on its way out again so I thought I'd have a go at replacing it. Looking for the replacement part on the internet, it would seem that the Mira 415 needs the MIRA-415-902.55 cartridge (the house was built in 1998). The only other related part I can find is the MIRA-902-91 for the pre 1992 version.

The question I have is: how did the plumber manage to reverse the controls? Would fitting the MIRA-902-91 instead of the MIRA-415-902.55 cause this? Or can the cartridge be installed upside down? Or are there generic versions that might have been used?

Cheers in advance.

Easy fix,

Mira 415.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back