Which Mira 415 cartridge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope some one can help with this.

I've currently got a Mira 415 shower, the built -in shower control type. It was in the house when I moved in. Now it is not possible to completely shut off the shower control.

Following a little bit of searching on the internet I now know that I need to renew the shower cartridge.

However when I was looking to order one it gives me two options either:

Mira 415 Cartridge (Post 1992)

or

Mira 415 Cartridge (Pre 1992)

As I don't know when the shower was installed is there an easy way to tell which cartridge I need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks Seco Services,

Do you know which colour is what and how easy it is to dismantle the fixings to get at the cartridge?

the only difference is the grey don't have check valves in the cartridge the black one does.

but they are inter-changeable.
415current.gif

this is a veiw of the later one with black cartridge.

take note of the position when you remove the cartridge
so you can replace in the exact same position.

Sponsored Links
If they're interchangeable I assume I can order the Post 1992 cartridge and install that one.

Or should I really dismantle the fixings to confirm which I have before ordering the replacement?

I just changed one of these. Photograph the shower control and email it to shower-spares.co.uk (or Mira), they'll tell you.

Tell you which cartridge you need, without the OP having to get to the cartridge and assess its colour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back