How to dispose of laminate floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've just lifted and stacked all the strips of laminate flooring in my flat. I'm going for vinyl sheeting in the bathroom and kitchen and 80% wool carpet everyway else.
My question is how do I get rid of it. I'm certain I can't leave it in the bin store.
So the 2 options are:
1. Contact Welwyn Hatfield Council to arrange and pay for a bulky waste collection. That's if they do it. Their website doesn't mention flooring. Some Councils like Rochdale do and some like West Oxfordshire don't.
2. Load up the strips in the Car and take it to the local tip.

Thanks to anyone who can advise me. I couldn't get a definitive answer from Google or Bing.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
2. Load up the strips in the Car and take it to the local tip.

If your local tip is one of the new "green" tips - then take it there one of the assistants will tell you where to put it - usually in wood recyc.

If it's in good, usable condition, why not try either local ad to sell it or freecycle/craigslist ?

Hopefully get rid of it with no further effort and help someone else.

Sponsored Links
I'm so tempted to just bung it all in the communal bins. (I live in a block of flats). Anyway I thought it all ended up in the landfill anyway. Thats not fly tipping is it.
I could have just given them away. But in my haste to lift them I've damaged some of them with the pulling bar.
I'll be so glad when I finished decorating and had got new carpet and vinyl sheeting fitted.
Thinking about how my flat will look is what keeps me going. Sorry if I sound clueless.

Sorry for such a juvenile question. Anyway I loaded up all the strips in the car and took them to the local tip and they went in the wood bin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back