how to do lacque polish on MDF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I m looking for some instructions for how to do lacquer polish on mdf like what r the requirements and what is the procedure and how much material to be used. Everything i would like to know form a scratch

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Guys I have searched in the forum but nothing found there thats y i m looking for some help.

please guys help me

Thanks

You probably have no answers because your question is a bit vague.

Do you want a varnished shiny finish / waxed / stained.... ?

Exactly what type of finish are you after? Is the mdf going to be painted? Do you want it to remain looking natural?

Sponsored Links
You probably have no answers because your question is a bit vague.

Do you want a varnished shiny finish / waxed / stained.... ?

Exactly what type of finish are you after? Is the mdf going to be painted? Do you want it to remain looking natural?

Sorry to disagree but OP question is not at all vague. The OP as stated what finish he wants Lacquer. Lacquer is a professional surface finish applied to furniture. It comes in either a precatalyst, AC or water based form and is usually applied by spray. But can be applied with a polishing mop in expert hands such as a french polisher.

Lacquers are normally a clear finish with a depth of gloss ranging from 10% to 90%;- 10% being mat and 90% being gloss.

Lacquers can be supplied pigmented.

Pigmented and clear lacquers normally have a percentage of melamine this give them a much higher knock ability factor (outstanding resistance to abrasion, wet and dry heat, spirit solutions and a wide range of household chemicals. Meets the requirements of FIRA Standard 6250: 2005 for horizontal surfaces (excluding kitchen worktops) and rated as Heavy/Severe use.) This is the type of finish you see on commercially produced kitchens etc.

The reason I feel no one as answered the OP question is that it is a professional finish he wishes is to apply and is best answered by a professional wood finisher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back