how to easily correct wonky doorframe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've a doorframe which some genius managed to install about 10mm higher on one side than the other, resulting in a nice triangular wedge of light shining through above the door. I've checked with a level and the likes and can see a 1 to 2 degree offitude (that's a word btw, honest) which I need to correct. I can cut down the outer mouldings fine, but what do I do about the frame itself, which I'm in no position to actually remove, and don't have anything exactly impressive in the toolbox that could otherwise actually let me cut a stupidly narrow wedge to fit it.

Any suggestions?

All I initially have in my mind is using some sort of filler, which I doubt is the best option. I could possibly spare upto 5mm on the "good" side too, so maybe some sort of thin strong board with some gap filler to hold it horizontal?

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
How about removing the architraves to the side thats high, cut 10mm of the bottom of the frame then run a hacksaw blade throughthe fixings and pull the door frame down to suit the top of the door and then re-fix.

Thats the way i'd do it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back