How to felt a small dormer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone point me at a diagram on how the felt goes on a small (about 3.5ft wide) flat-roofed dormer? Mine is leaking and I'm sure I can replace it - just worried about how the felt joins the rest of the roof and whether I need to take a load of tiles off.
Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm not (or cant be arsed to do a diagram to show you how to do it cuz i'll be here all day) gonna do a diagram but you'll have to slide up/remove the 1st course of tiles to make it fully waterproof IMO.

I dont know what felt your using so cant comment on how you need to know on how to join it.

Just get a decent roofer in TBH. Shouldn't be alot by the measurements you've said.

OK, thanks for that. I can't afford to pay a tradesman much as I'd like to! The roof is 60's type pantiles with a lipped top edge. Will these slide back do you think? Will just underlapping the felt work, or do I need to get it under the battens too? Think I'll be using a 'hot' type felt.

Sponsored Links
tiles will slip back - and come out easily ;) work it out in minature with a box or whatever and some sheets of A4 :idea: seriously. Then you can see the best way to cut/ shape etc. without touching the felt .In the privacy of your own home :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back