how to fill a vaillant eco tec 937

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a recently installed vaillant ecotec 937 and I would like to know how to increase the internal central heating pressure - it's all working fine, but I will need to take a couple of radiators off shortly to do some decorating and am concerned that refilling them after I put them back will lower the central heating pressure below 1.0 bar. It's currently hovering between 0.9 and 1.0 bar as measured by the indicator on the front of the boiler. There is a braided loop-type thing underneath; am I correct in assuming that this is the filling loop and I can simply open up the (currentl closed) tap at one end of it until the pressure has increased to something higher (e.g. 1.5 bar) then close it again, or is there more to it than that? I took a look in the instruction but there wasn't anything obvious in there, so any help/advice very welcome...
thanks
Ben

Sponsored Links
underneath there are two plastic grey handles with "closed" written on them. Turn them both to fill up but turn back off when finished. pressing the minus button displays the pressure digitally. Have you correctly set the c/h output in d 0? if not i suggest you do.

937 did not come out with a separate filling loop as you describe.

Are you sure you have the correct boiler description? A 937 would have the two labelled valves as described above.

"Have you correctly set the c/h output in d 0? if not i suggest you do." - I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. What's d 0 ?

by the way, thanks for the amazingly fast response!

Sponsored Links
Simond, it's an ecotec plus 937, and it has 2 labelled valves as mentioned above. I'm probably just being over cautious...

also... when I say filling loop, I'm probably not using the right terminology. I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about.

"Have you correctly set the c/h output in d 0? if not i suggest you do." - I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. What's d 0 ?

by the way, thanks for the amazingly fast response!

IF you have the 937 the heating output is factory set to max (28kw). How many rads do you have?

I can't see much advantage in downrating the CH except for very small systems. It doesn't affect the turndown ratio so the minimum modulation rate is unaltered.

without actually going and counting them it's 12 or so.

press the i and + buttons simultaneously, d 0 will be displayed. press i and it will display a number (probably 27) lower this number to 21 using the minus button and then press and hold the i button (for 10 seconds until it stops flashing). Job done-now your heating has been range rated.

I can't see much advantage in downrating the CH except for very small systems. It doesn't affect the turndown ratio so the minimum modulation rate is unaltered.

but it does make the boiler condense for longer, reduces cycling and helps eliminate/prevent noise problems ;) I also set d 1 to 8min instead of factory 5 for the same reasons.

the d0 value reads 28, so I guess it hasn't been altered. I'll adjust it as you suggest. Also, there's a clear plastic reservoir under the boiler, I've just noticed there's some water in it (never noticed any there before, but I haven't really checked it). Is that anything to worry about? What is it for anyway?

thanks again for your help so far

the d0 value reads 28, so I guess it hasn't been altered. I'll adjust it as you suggest. Also, there's a clear plastic reservoir under the boiler, I've just noticed there's some water in it (never noticed any there before, but I haven't really checked it). Is that anything to worry about? What is it for anyway?

thanks again for your help so far

that plastic "reservoir" is the condensate trap and is fine (should be cleaned annually). You have the Rolls Royce of boilers btw. Should last 20years +. :LOL:

great

good to hear someone other than the installer recommend it (he said something similar but I figured he wasn't exactly going to be impartial)

thanks again for your help

great

good to hear someone other than the installer recommend it (he said something similar but I figured he wasn't exactly going to be impartial)

thanks again for your help

no problem, you do get a 2yr warranty also but I doubt you'll have to use it. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back