how to fill a vaillant eco tec 937

You have the Rolls Royce of boilers btw. Should last 20years +. :LOL:

Would agree that Vaillant is the best of the main brand bunch, but certainly not the rolls royce of boilers.

After many years of being a solid Vaillant installer, they have peed me once too often, so unless a customer specifically asks for one, I will not specify them any more. I only fit better quality than them now, with direct and proper help/support if rarely needed.

Sponsored Links
You have the Rolls Royce of boilers btw. Should last 20years +. :LOL:

Would agree that Vaillant is the best of the main brand bunch, but certainly not the rolls royce of boilers.

After many years of being a solid Vaillant installer, they have peed me once too often, so unless a customer specifically asks for one, I will not specify them any more. I only fit better quality than them now, with direct and proper help/support if rarely needed.

I know your a big fan of Atag but can I ask the cost of their nearest equivalent model?

Unfortunately i cant give that publicly, but e-mail me from my profile and I will tell you

Unfortunately i cant give that publicly, but e-mail me from my profile and I will tell you

I have looked at ATAG's site but no price information although I don't expect them to be cheap.

Sponsored Links
I went to my first repair on an Ecotec Plus 937 this afternoon. Jan 2007 assembly.

Being fair it was not the boilers's fault as it was dirt in the pump/pressure switch causing the F75 code.

Although it was a very nice little house in a gated community, it was still tenanted!

The tenant is a SA farmer and has to return shortly as his farm manager shot a worker who was sleeping with his wife and then shot himself!

Tony

They are very, very close to the same price like for like, of an 831 with standard flue, but a lot better built and proper back up, with a lot more control and functions built into the board/diagnostics than a Vaillant.

After being a very loyal Vaillant installer it was genuinely quite a decision for me to change. But I did and don't regret it for one minute.

The customer is a lot better off as well, with the option to have up to 15 years warranty/service plan covering labour and parts if needed.

Another factor I found impressive is that if they find 0.5% failure rate of any component Holland are informed that they have a major problem and their R&D have to look into it and come up with a solution. Much better than most main brand manufacturers who won't do anything about a fault until it reaches 10-15-or 20% failure rate.

Vaillant are good, but their modern stuff is not going to last 20 years.

I don't know where dangermouse is getting this figure from, even Vaillant's own reps would blanche at suggesting over 15yrs for a combi.

Expect it to have an economic lifespan of 12yrs. Any more is a bonus.

They are very, very close to the same price like for like, of an 831 with standard flue, but a lot better built and proper back up, with a lot more control and functions built into the board/diagnostics than a Vaillant.

After being a very loyal Vaillant installer it was genuinely quite a decision for me to change. But I did and don't regret it for one minute.

The customer is a lot better off as well, with the option to have up to 15 years warranty/service plan covering labour and parts if needed.

Another factor I found impressive is that if they find 0.5% failure rate of any component Holland are informed that they have a major problem and their R&D have to look into it and come up with a solution. Much better than most main brand manufacturers who won't do anything about a fault until it reaches 10-15-or 20% failure rate.

sounds interesting. . . . . .

Vaillant are good, but their modern stuff is not going to last 20 years.

I don't know where dangermouse is getting this figure from, even Vaillant's own reps would blanche at suggesting over 15yrs for a combi.

Expect it to have an economic lifespan of 12yrs. Any more is a bonus.

I know steamers are another kettle of fish but the sine18 t3 and the vcw both of which are practically bullet proof are good for 20yrs plus. It's still early days but why shouldn't an ecotec last along time? It's all about future availability of spares.

Ecotecs, much like the Veissmann 100's are a cheap version for the British market.

Atag are the same over here as they sell in Holland. Same reliablity and quality.

Since the last 'fracas' with a supposed group service engineer on here, which Simon will remember, I e-mailed my Vaillant and Glow Worm rep stating because of this I would not be specifying their boilers anymore.

The Glow Worm rep, who is brilliant, e-mailed me straight back apologising and stating his concerns and that he didn't want to lose my custom. Keith Mathers, group service director also e-mailed me stating his anger at this apparent group service engineer's post.

But where was any response from the Vaillant rep?

Well I'm still waiting, so they can stuff their boilers if I am that unimportant to them after all this time and the number I have fitted:rolleyes: :mad:

Do you think they ever spoke to their service engineer?

Did they send anyone to see you?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back