How to fill a very large bath

I just got a pair of wall mounted bath taps and separate spout from Bathstore.com. They are basically 22mm stopcocks with nice chrome handwheels so there should be little restriction to flow.

They were their Bensham range which may be a bit too traditional for you but I notice from their new catalogue that a lot of the modern taps are now suitable for low pressure, always used to be HP only. Website still says they are HP so check with the store.

http://www.bathstore.com/large_image_second.asp?ID=329

Jason

Sponsored Links
PaulAH said:
If global warming has brought the wonderful Indian summer we've had this year, and is giving us vinyards again in southern England, then keep pumping out the CFC's lads!

Come on Paul, The weather we are having has little or nothing to do with global warming. Weather trends are averaged over at least thirty years, and mostly when we have some extreme, there is the rider "this is the worst for 150 years". Ah ha! So, the weather was worse in this respect 150 years ago was it? so why are we worrying now?

However CFC are a bit of a bug ger, they really wreck the ozone layer, but I suspect it doesn't cause as much warming effect as 6000,000,000 people farting. Not to mention all the cows and horses.

Always wanted to learn how to sail somewhere warm, Im assuming the car and trailer will fit in the bathroom too ??

Oilman, you remind me of my grandfather. He lived in a large, draughty old Elizabethan house in the middle of rural Essex. One day in winter we visited the grandparents and were sitting in a chilly room making polite conversation with Grandma, who threw a small bucket of coal on the fire. A few minutes later Grandpa entered the room, strode to the fireplace, scooped up most of the coals, and put them back in the bucket. “No NO, dear, three lumps, unless there is snow outside.”

The next year we went to stay for Christmas. The news was that the house had been fitted with CENTRAL HEATING, quite a novelty in the mid 50s. I was too young to know how it worked although I do remember the boiler. It was in an outhouse, a vast lump of cast iron like a ship’s engine, twice the height of this small lad.

My sister and I slept that night in a bedroom on the third floor - or tried to sleep in the bitter cold. Snow was driving at the window and although the “heating” had allegedly been turned on, the room was sub-zero.

In the middle of the night there was a terrifying bang. I ran, screaming, to my parents, who came to investigate. The radiator - one of those fluted iron jobs that are coming back into fashion - had burst. Yes, frozen solid and split down the middle.

Since then I’ve kept our own house to a modest 18 degrees.

Sponsored Links
PaulAH, your point is? I don't see the connection between global warming and your post. Is your house temperature causing you to suffer from hypothermia?

It's all installed now - have a combined flow rate of 60 l/min using Salamander RSP100 3 bar pump and Bristan Fusion bath/shower mixer tap.

That's an impressive flow rate!

We get 30l/min using a unvented mains cylinder (Santon Premier Plus) which is enough but we only have a small bath, for showers it is ideal.

Must confess, I'm envious though, if and when we move again I'm deffo going for the big tanks, several cylinders, and a dirty great pump soultion, Ideally with 28mm pipe to the taps. Childish I know, but there really is nothing better than some big machinery chucking out some big numbers.

Well done mate, I think most people would do the same given sufficient money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back