How to fill Gaps under door frames

29 May 2013
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi there. Maybe someone can help me. I have recently bought a house. I am doing it up gradually and at the moment I am wondering how to deal with gaps under the door frames. There had been dry rot and the frames were cut because the bottoms of them were rotting- not sure if that was cos of dry rot of just moisture of touching floor. I have gaps under the frames. On some gaps the gap is between the frame and the subfloor and on other doors it is between the frame and the actual flooring- tiling. I am wondering what is best to use to fill the gaps. Will decorator's caulk do?
Sponsored Links
Decorators caulk sets hard over time and doesn't allow much movement, however it's paintable. Polysulphide on the other hand dries to a hard skin and remains flexible, even in areas of prone to seasonal movement, perhaps a better choice even though it's not realy paintable...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links