How to fill these chases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Now that the first fix has been done I need to fill a number of chases. The conduit is not fixed in the chases, and is quite "springy" in places, please see the videos below.

Can I just fill the chases with easi-fill? Is the easi-fill thick enough that the will conduit stay in place once I fill, or will I need to fix them in place until it starts to harden?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Here is a video of the whole house, just in case there's nothing on TV at the moment ;)

Get some galvanised plasterboard nails and nail them in the brick coarses either side of you conduit and the heads of the nails should hold your conduit in place..If plaster board nails are not big enough get some bigger "galv" nails...

jut do it as Roy says, using galvanised clout nails.
Give the chase a damp down, and pva before you fill it, and I would use bonding coat plaster. Make sure you push the plaster well into the chase to get behind the plastic conduit.

Sponsored Links
My spark did what roy and rough said. Nailed it into position then used plaster, although it wasn't bonding, browning perhaps.
I then used multi or easifill to finish off. Initially I used easifill but switched to multi as my plastering improved.
That said easifill is much easier prep-wise and being able to sand it back gives a lovely finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back