How to fill this small corner space...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Last year I had my central heating system replaced and the warm air unit was torn out. The tiling was done around the unit, not up to it and I am now left with this corner that is bare concrete, compared to the tiled kitchen.

Now, I don't have any of the tiles from when the kitchen was put in, and based on the fact that there is the stub of an old gas connector there, severe space limitations and the fact that this corner is hidden when the door is opened I am considering my options.

Would filling the area with grout/slurry and bringing it up to the level of the tiles be an option? The gas stub will never be used again, and was professionally cut off, and this way it just tidies up the area without the faff of removing & replacing tiles in such a tight space.

What do you guys suggest?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofzkgpha5uh3stt/IMG_20121120_103448.jpg

Cheers guys :)

Sponsored Links
Find the same tiles, or re tile floor.

Looks like you've got some paint on your cupboards..

Yeah, paint was all cleaned off soon after the photo! I will look for replacement tiles, but the way one of the 'original' tiles has been trimmed to fit means I will struggle to make it look as neat & tidy as the rest of the kitchen!

Sponsored Links
if you can get a match,then buy 1 more and chop out the tile that has been cut and replace with a new 1.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back