How to fill this this gap in a concrete floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Not posted on here for a while. Just got back off holiday the other day and found my house flooded (a whole other sorry saga)

When the insurance people took the carpets up, I found a gap between the front door frame and the floor (Missing concrete - see pics)

This is a fairly new build house and it appears to have been like this since before I moved in (Second occupant)

How do I put this right?

wfaa.jpg

Should i use expanding filler or do I mix up some concrete and fix it that way?

Any replies from you knowledgeable folk are much appreciated.

Cheers,

John

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear about the flood John :eek:
Remove any loose debris from the patch, and simply mix up some sand and cement 3:1 mix, add a little PVA glue and before you trowel it in, just dampen the area with water.
For that small area, any bricklaying trowel will do, just force the mix deep into the crack and underneath the door. Scrape the mix flat with the trowel, and just give it a light brush after if you need to.
John :)

Sorry to hear about the flood John :eek:
Remove any loose debris from the patch, and simply mix up some sand and cement 3:1 mix, add a little PVA glue and before you trowel it in, just dampen the area with water.
For that small area, any bricklaying trowel will do, just force the mix deep into the crack and underneath the door. Scrape the mix flat with the trowel, and just give it a light brush after if you need to.
John :)

Thanks for that, John.

I followed your suggestion and the gap is now history. I reckon it may have been a source of draft in the winter also :eek:

Yes, the flood has been a nightmare (Leaky downstairs toilet that was dribbling for around 2 weeks solid)

I'm now just waiting on things to dry out before the insurance company can begin to get things back in order.

Cheers again.

John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back