Repairing gap between wall and floor - help please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would appreciate any advice on the following (for info my DIY skills are very basic to say the least!)

I have a solid (concrete i think) floor which has a kind of hard thin brown tiles stuck to the top. These tiles started to break a little at the floor edges when i took up the carpet and gripper rods. In some places it`s just a few cracking tiles in other places the concrete underneath has also crumbled and leaves 1 - 2 inch deep and up to 2 inch wide holes where the floor meets the wall.
I am thinking that i could simply fill these in with a concrete mix of floor leveliing compound? - Any suggestions which would be best?

Where there are gaps i can see the DPM in the wall, this sits slightly lower than the top level of the floor. Is it ok to concrete/floor compnd over this when filling the gaps.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
By rights the damp course should always be visible above the concrete floor level.
Maybe yours had been added to over time.

If you cover the dpc with concrete or screed it's known as "bridgeing" and could start the onset of rising damp.

If it's been like this for some time (sounds like it has) then you might get away with filling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back