raising level of concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
want to lay porcelain tiles on the kitchen floor. half the kitchen was carpet on top of a floating floor and half was vinyl tiles on concrete. The floating floor had too much movement and no joists underneath to secure it to so we've taken that up. We're now left with a concrete floor nearly two inches lower than the rest of the concrete floor.

Can i just get a man round to pour concrete into the space and level it to the height of the existing floor? Do i need to do anything to the floor before laying concrete on top? it already has a DPC.

Can the concrete go right to the edge of the external walls? there was a gap with the floating floor.
Do i need to put anything on the concrete before laying tiles?

Any advice very gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
screed it.

get a builder round to quote you on a sharp sand/cement screed.

it may need a membrane beneath the screed.

brilliant, thanks. will do that, was worried it was going to be very complicated. will i need to put anything on the screed to prepare it before laying the tiles?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back