Repairing concrete floor edging damaged by carpet fitters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a concrete floor covered in lino tiles (60s house) and am preparing for new carpets.
Previous carpet layer though it would be a good idea to nail the grippers into the floor which of course broke up the lino & concrete at the edges.
I plan to glue new grippers but wondered if anyone had any advice on a good way to repair the edge damage. The concrete isn't broken up to a great depth so just need something that will bond well.
Any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Unless the damage is significant then I wouldn't bother trying to repair. Otherwise perhaps some self-levelling screed? Also why are you gluing down the gripper? It would be better to let the fitters do it so that they are responsible for any problems encountered after fitting (gripper becoming detached etc).

Its about a cm deep in places & a bit loose & powdery so just needs a level surface to glue grippers to. You are right I'm not going to glue them - fitters are..

Sponsored Links
Arpid repair compound is best for that hob like
Ardex A45
F ball stopgap 400 repair

You clean area 1st then wet it slightly, then apply screed. As its drying you can smooth it with a wet trowel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back