How to finish gap between block paving and wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

I know this isnt a landscaping board, but being in the garden i figure its pretty close lol.

My block paved drive doesnt go right up to the wall that seperates my property and next door, instead there is a slight gap where the edge pavers have been cemented (please see pic attached).

What would be the best way to finish this off?

The guys that did it told me to fill it with stones but it looked a mess, stones made their way onto the drive, and it became a rubbish and weed collector.

I thought about dying some cement charcoal and filling with that but dont trust myself to get it looking good. I also thought about using block kerbs but it would either be a case of cutting the bottoms off to sit flush with the surface or ripping out the whole edge and redoing it.

Is there a better way?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_201052.jpg
    IMG_20200413_201052.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 1,154
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Depending how thick that concrete strip is I would consider digging it out, (if it's thin enough a club hammer and bolster chisel), dig it down 2"-3" and fill with pea shingle.
Because shingle is small it will have less of a tendency to migrate on to the paving and any small bits that do are easily brushed back into the gap.

Don't cut it out,this haunching stops the edge blocks coming loose.
Either fill it with sand(sharp) and cement flush to block or fill gap with slate/chippings.
Edit just seen you don't want chippings,fill it with s+c with black dye.

Sponsored Links
Leave the haunch, fill with a nice shingle, grannit or a slate..
It won't flirt as it's against a wall.

It'll look finished too instead of well ... horrible and untidy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back