How to finish off edge between wall and door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Not sure if this is the right area to post but ...

I'd like to finish the edging neatly where my plasterboard wall meets the frame of my aluminium folding door so that I can paint the whole of the inside area the same colour. The gaps are about 1-1.5 cm all round the frame (two sides and top).

See image below.

Whats the best thing to do here?

should I use some sort of filler? or would a plasterboard trim be the best bet here? I imagine it would need to sit on top of the existing plasterboard though?

Sponsored Links
Who ever done the board has done it wrong a plaster edge bead should have been used this sits over the board and creates a nice edge and is fitted over the board before it is put up , how is the board fitted? If ts not d&d can u take it off and fit it? It also minimises cracking between frame and board

Hi Steve

Yeah - I can well imagine that is how it should be done but we are faced with fixing up shoddy workmanship (lesson truly learnt :( ) and it was d&d

So looking to take remedial steps...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back