How to finish this edge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to dot and dab some plasterboard onto this wall is its easier than skimming.

The only issue is that it will protrude 25mm or so beyond the edge of door casing. How would I finish the edge off?

As cns be seen below, door casing is already flush with of plasterboard

16085820889515183093309712347599.jpg

Sponsored Links
the photo means nothing.
can you take it further back

Hack off all the old plaster and dot and dab onto the brickwork or add timber to the door lining.

Andy

Hack off all the old plaster and dot and dab onto the brickwork or add timber to the door lining.

Andy

Cheers.
I think it would be easier to add some timber. It's an old wall and possibly artex as was done in 1902. Would you just nail a 25mm batten to the side of door lining and board up to that?

Sponsored Links
If you did mean to type 1902, any artex would be a much later addition.

It will be just as easy to pva bond and skim that patch of wall.

seems like a lot of work for what looks like a store cupboard. i’d fill the brickwork out with bonding coat or hardwall and grit it all and skim.

It's at top of my cellar steps and I'm putting fridge there so want it to look relatively neat.

Maybe I'll go for bonding then skimming

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back