Joint plasterboard to bare brick

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Having lounge replastered (dot/ dab and skim) but having log burner installed. We want to keep the internal of fireplace bare brick but want the chimney breast wall plastered. My question is how do you get a good edge on the plasterboard around the opening as with dot/ dab won't it be spaced off the wall so there will be a gap between the plasterboard and wall around the edge?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Attachments

• iOS Image - 534274669.jpg
    iOS Image - 534274669.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 103
Sponsored Links
I had the same scenario, so made the chimney sides and top solid dot and dab, i.e. there where no gaps, this D&D was not flush to the brick edge, but about 20mm shy of the edge, the day after I mixed up some sand and cement and effectively did 'pointing' in the channel all the way round, looks neat.

Hi, cheers. Luckily my fireplace guy has said he can run some strips of slate around it to fill the gap. All these little things you don't think about!?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back