How to finish PVC window quadrant/beading?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This poor window above PVC French doors is missing both upper and lower quadrant/beading...

IMG_1238.JPG

What exactly is the product, where can I get it and how can I install it?

I'm not sure what I'm feeling and seeing behind the existing lengths... something grey and part-soft, like a sealant? Looks like two rows of it in this picture...

I don't have a mitre box.
I see some discussion online about fixing using a combination of superglue for attachment and sealant for closure, or else just sealant. What would you do?

IMG_1236.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

Sponsored Links
You need to determine the make and model of the window profile (if you open the doors you may get lucky and find that info printed on the frame), then find someone who still uses that profile (assuming it's still manufactured) and best bet is get them to cut 2 lengths to size for you.
If you can't ID the profile, pop one of the remaining beads out (wedge the glass in place so it doesn't fall out) and take it to any local double glazing companies, see if they can match it

Hi, thanks for your useful info and heads up on which profile I have.

No problem anytime glad to help

Sponsored Links
Its deceuninck profile, its the only one that uses grey co-extruded gasket, its glazing bead you require

View attachment 285031

Wow, great shout. Thanks!

Looks like perhaps it's the 2840 Ovolo Glazing Bead - http://1stimpressionswindows.co.uk/...ndows-Doors-Deceuninck-2800-Profile-Chart.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back