How to finish the edge of these border tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Planning on tiling with a "border tile" along the top. It's an inset area with a sink, 2 internal corners and 2 exposed edges of the tiles.

I'm struggling to work out how to finish the exposed edges. I was planning on using white trim, but that doesn't look right continuing up to the border tile. If I stop the trim below the border tile, then I guess I could mitre the border tile to finish that, but the profile of it means I would have to set the rest of the tiles back from the edge of the wall.

Hopefully the photos help to dhow what I'm trying to say.

Any suggestions most welcome!!

Thanks in advance

20220721_190541.jpg20220721_190525.jpg20220721_190353.jpg20220721_190329.jpg

Sponsored Links
mitre the border and stop the tiles back from the edge . There will still be a trim on them , and will show everyone how clever you are .
Is there not an ‘end border’ tile available in the range?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Godwasaplasterer - thanks for the help, I've had a similar response from a post on another forum so going with basically what you have put.

There aren't any end border tiles in the range, but I've found some in a similar range which I'm now planning on using.

So the plan is to now mitre the border, set the main tiles back and then use the pencil border tile from the other range vertically, with no plastic trim, finished with silicon around all the edges.

Sponsored Links
The rest of the room so far(for context). Skirting to be added and toilet button being changed to match the rest of the brushed brass fittings:

20220718_130520.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back