How to fit a channel drain, if needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong place, wasn't sure where else to post it

So basically I've recently extended our driveway, and with the left over blocks, I want to remove the council slab path that runs along the front of the house and down the side. No issue with that, all easy enough, until I get to this drain which is embedded in concrete. There are two drains, one for the tap, and one for the boiler condense pipe. This area has soil either side of the path and is always a mess so that's why I want to put a path right the way across. However, I'm not sure how to deal with this drain.

I was also thinking about running one of those channel drains as when the tap runs sods law dictates that it misses the drain mainly as it's to far forward of the tap. Is that necessary? Overkill? Completely wrong? Can I connect it to this drain? If so, how?

Thanks

IMG_8881.jpg IMG_8774.jpg IMG_8773.jpg

Sponsored Links
Leave the one where it is for the boiler condensate, just tidy up around it. If you're breaking the concrete out, I'd move the other Gully to where you want it. If you put it tight to the wall, then fit a Gully surround, your tap will run neatly into the drain. Easier than faffing about with channel drain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back