Floplast Domestic Channel Drain Installation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I have a patio that is fitted around a wall of sleepers on one side and my lawn on the other. The lawn runs up to two sides of the square patio which is 6 x 5. I have bought enough drain channel fittings to go around the edge and I can attach it to the main drain using a drain pip

The installation guide says lay the fittings on sand and then fill either side with concrete but this seems unnecessary for patio usage that will not be driven on or bear any load other than someone stepping on it.

Can anyone advise me for fitting around the edge of a patio? One side will be the edge of the patio and the other will be the lawn. Should it be laid on a bed of cement or concrete? How deep should it be.

Thanks

Samuel Holmes

Sponsored Links
Follow the instructions. Lay it on sand and surround with concrete. Depth depends on the length, surrounding surface and the fall required.

Take a common sense approach

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back