How to fit a Techflange Essex flange for shower pump

I would have wound some ptfe on to the thread of the essex flange as when they have been in a while & the rubber washers harden slightly its possible to get a weep along the thread

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I'm just starting to plan the re-install of my powershower due to having to replace the last coupe of pumps over a three year period:(

I'm told a need to install an essex flange and that this will need to feed the hot supply to the pump. I saw your aticle and thought yep that the thing i need to do. reading the article I can't work out how you managed to get the brass inner connector into the cyclinder and hence the external washer and nut to hold into place. I would have thought that the hole drilled would have to be the size of the flange screw shaft and thus the inner sleve holding it into place for the outet nut to attach would need to be bigger than the hole so how did you get it through?

For the gravity loop I was going to fill the pipe with sand and seal both ends and then bend it round a drum after which i would cut off the ends and clean the pipe out.

I want my pump to be in the loft but the cold water tank feeding the gravity shower is only 50mm above the floor surface and I need to raise this to 600mm min.

I also understand that i need to put air vents on both the hot and the cold feeds out of the pump but it doesn't say ho high above the pump these should go and it also doesn't say if i can you the automatic type of air vents.

I'm tols a need a negative head pump and im looking at the Salamander ESP100.

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I can't work out how you managed to get the brass inner connector into the cyclinder and hence the external washer and nut to hold into place.

I'm probably going to be doing similar and wondered the same thing but OP does say

The flange section in the star shape is designed so that you can manipulate it through the hole. Bend the split washer slightly and rotate it on the pipe so that it goes through to the rear of the cylinder, then stuff the rubber sealing washer through the hole just by squeezing it and pushing it through. Now tighten the nut as hard as you can by hand, then turn another 1/2 (max) with a spanner.

Incidently have you considered the Salamander S flange? looks a lot easier to install if you can get the top nut off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back