Techflange

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of fitting a new bath thermostatically controlled mixer which is armitage shanks.

I have been advised to take a dedicated hot supply directly from the hot water cylinder. The thought of drilling into the cylinder makes me a bit nervous. I was going to tee off the pipe coming out of the cylinder top but have been advised I should fit a flange.
I have looked on the internet at Essex, Sussex and more recently the techflange.

The Techflange sounds the simplist of the 3 but I cant get my head round how do you get at it to seal it from the inside of the cylinder. The Techflange comes with a cutter.. Does anyone have any experience of this flange or can you explain in simple terms how do you get it to seal when you cant get at the inside.. probably a really naff question but anyway a bit of advise would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sussex I've never seen, perhaps you meant Surrey?!

Warix can be easier than Surrey depending on your pipes.
Techflange is much the same as Essex no-stop-end type. You get a cutter with it which saves one task though.

Drilling the cylinder is a piece of cake.
They give you bits like split washers, which go in easily enough.

It can also be easy to drop bits into the cylinder, which the Texhflange appears to try to address:
TECHFLANGE.jpg

Thanks ChrisR

Yes my mistake I did mean a Surrey flange.

I'm not too bothered about the actual drilling it was just trying to understand how it was possible to seal it from the inside. Once you have drilled the cylinder and you don't get a seal, I guess then your in real trouble.
If as you say there is a split washer then I suppose it should be straight forward. How would the washer seal if it is a split washer?/

Sponsored Links
Thanks ChrisR.

I think its time to bite the bullet and have a go. I am on a pension and have to try to do most things myself.

Thank you for your time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back