How to fit coving around a bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I go about fitting coving round a bay window (a 'proper' bay window that is curved all the way round).

The coving I was thinking of using was an Arthouse one made from 'Duropolymer'. Is it bendable at all?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi aaargh,
How do you fit coving around a completely curved alcove? Probably with great difficulty.Will it be a plain or fancy coving? Either way,I think it will be a fair old tackle to try to get it to bend around a completely curved alcove.I don't know the product that you mention from "Arthouse" that is made from Duropolymer,so I can't say whether it is, as you say, "bendable".You could always contact them and ask whether it would be suitable for your alcove.Plasterboard coving,even dampened,would probably be difficult enough to bend around too,and then you have to fix it in place,again,that's if it would work. If the coving in the rest of your room is just the plain shape,and is made from either plasterboard or plaster,you would probably be able to get someone in locally who would be able to run the coving around your alcove in situ.That's all the comment I can make.Good luck.

Regards:Roughcaster.

Think you'll have to have it made. Make a template of the radius etc.????
Had a similar thing years ago, where I had to have a archway profile made up. cost ££££££££'s. But they could afford it ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back