Coving Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm sure this subject is well documented on here but I could do with some specific advice!

I have this coving: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12010...Dado-Rail/Sculptured-Coving-Pack-of-6#reviews

Which is polyurethane and probably not the best but it suits my budget and it looks quite nice.

I'm gonna fix it up with solvent free grab adhesive and probably caulk it afterwards or something.
My problem is how to cut it.

I have seen mitre boxes and funky coving boxes but I doubt they will fit this coving and besides, nothing in my house is 90 degrees!
I also have a bay window to go round.

I have a sliding compound mitre saw which I was thinking of using but how to hold the coving?

My first thought (whilst having a few beers last night) was to make a jig so that I can hold the coving square and flat on the table, set the angle and chop.
It would likely be top face down on the table pushed up to guide and the jig will hold it upright.

However, in the light of day and a little hungover, I'm wondering whether my revelation from last night is a wise one?!

I remember doing some cornice in this way once but it was bigger and easier to hold square - and if i remember right, it was a right pig!

Any advice gratefully received!

BL

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back